Hashtag-ifying for a better democracy
In an era of unprecedented cynicism and distrust towards the electoral process, the self-organization of the social web is becoming a new space of civic engagement. Are hashtags the town halls of the future? Lessons learned from the student uprising in Québec.
- How is trust established in policy debate online?
- Why are facts sacred (and opinion worthless)?
- Why should you engage with your adversaries?
- What policy makers can learn from social listening?
- Why is the emergence of the interest graph so important for policy planning?